Tips for Packing When Going to Study in Canada
First of all, it is fantastic that you have been successful in getting admission in Canada and got your study visa. Now, after all the hard work you have put in to get your Canada study visa and made it through a tough visa interview, it is time for you to pack up all the essentials and get ready to board your flight.
Your packing comes under the pre-departure preparations and also holds a lot of importance. It should be planned systematically so that you could take all the necessary and essential stuff with you.
Here are some packing tips that could be beneficial for you while packing your stuff for Canada:
1. Creating your ultimate packing list - It is advisable to create a list that consists of all the essential things that are extremely important because if you leave anything behind, it could prove to be a disaster. It can include all your clothing, kitchen material, documents, electronics, toiletries, personal stuff, etc.
2. Select your Luggage - Selection of luggage is very important as there are very strict rules for the weight you can carry in your luggage. Usually, the average weight allowed for students to carry is around 40- 46 kgs. So, choose your baggage accordingly. It is advisable to carry a weight of 23 kg each in 2 bags. Your primary gear should be a stroller bag that should be tough, big enough to carry maximum of your material and easy to move. This will make you, carrying the bag easily. You could take a handbag, a backpack, two stroller bags that would be sufficient to carry all your material with you to Canada.
3. Organize your stuff - Your travel should be pre-planned. Get the things ready for the day when you will arrive and make prior arrangements in case of any emergency. You can refer to the list of items below:
- Save soft copies of documents, music and some music to your phone storage.
- Save all important contacts and other information on your Google account.
- Be aware of your flight’s weight restrictions, entertainment and food facilities.
- Be well prepared about the pickups and drops in Canada and home country respectively
- Have online applications on your mobile phone through which you can call or contact your family members on arriving in the country.
- Make sure that you add something that makes your luggage looks different so that you can identify it easily.
4. Carry -on Luggage
- There are some items that you should carry in your carry bag.
- Keep all the necessary documents that include your passport, visa and offer letter.
- Keep your boarding pass safely
- Keep a pen and a diary handy for noting down things
- Keep some cash both Indian and Canadian currency.
- Have some SOS medicines in your bag
- Make sure that all your electronic gadgets are placed safely in your bag.
- Hand Sanitizer, face wipes, earphones, itinerary,
- A jacket gloves and cap because Canada is a colder country.
5. In your checked baggage - Now, it’s time for the stuff that will stay with you till you come back to your home country. The hard luggage that could include:
- Copy of all your necessary documents.
- A lot of winter clothes, a good number of shoes, light and heavy jackets, and jeans as clothes in Canada are really expensive. It is better to carry them with from here.
- A first aid kit
- Toiletries including all your personal stuff as things are expensive in Canada than India.
- Some kitchen stuff including masalas, pressure cooker, usual readymade items for initial days of your stay.
- An extra back up phone as a lot of cell phones don’t work in a new country.
These would be sufficient for your stay in Canada, and obviously, you will be buying a lot of stuff from there too when you will require. But before beginning to pack, be aware of the restricted items that are there on the official website of your airlines in order to avoid any form of conflict at the airport. The experts at Canam Consultants will help and assist you in making a list of what to pack for Canada.
Canada is known around the world as a safe and welcoming country. It's a place with a healthy environment, a thriving culture, and some of the world's greatest colleges. To put it another way, Cana
Nursing has become a very popular course amongst students planning to study medical program abroad. Australia has come up as one of the top destinations for studying abroad. Plus, the country has t
Do you wish to study in Canada? Do the expenses make you wonder about your decision? Do high tuition fees, cost of living or other day-to-day activities may make you feel burdened in monetary terms
The United Kingdom’s recent announcement of a new visa route for international students has provided a bit of relief from the doom and gloom situation. It gave hope to the return of halcyon d
Studying overseas is an enjoyable and satisfying experience as it helps you to submerge in another culture. But due to the uncertainty of the new environment, it can bring on a lot of unwanted stre