CELPIP Exam Registration 2023 - Check Important Dates, Fees, Process, & Documents
CELPIP, the Canadian English proficiency Index Program, evaluates a test taker's language proficiency skills in Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. The test is widely accepted for various immigration purposes, including Canadian immigration and citizenship applications, employment opportunities, and academic programs. The registration for the CELPIP test should be done well in advance to select your desired test date, as test spots fills up quickly.
CELPIP test registration closes one business day before the test, depending upon sitting capacity. It has two versions that are CELPIP-General and CELPIP-LS. The exam is officially administered by Paragon Testing Enterprises, a subsidiary of the University of British Columbia (UBC), in Canada and worldwide. To register for the CELPIP test, you must select a test date and location, provide personal information, and make a payment.
CELPIP Registration Requirements
- Personal details include your full name, date of birth, and contact details, including email and phone number.
- A valid government-issued Id, such as a passport, is essential for correct details.
- You should also select a test date and a location that suits you from all the available locations and dates.
- The payment should be made at the time of registration, which varies depending on the country and location where you are taking the exam.
- You can also request special accommodations in case of any, disability or other circumstances. You may need to provide additional information and documentation to avail of the service.
Steps to register for the CELPIP test:
- Firstly, visit the official CELPIP website at www.celpip.ca
- Click the button "Register Now" button on the homepage.
- Once on the registration page, create an account by providing your email address and password.
- Select the type of exam as per your requirement (CELPIP-General or CELPIP-General LS).
- Select your preferred test location and date. Ensure that the location and date are selected according to your availability.
- Fill in all the required fields, including your name, date of birth, and address. Once it is done, click on "submit."
- After submitting the details, you must pay the exam fee using a credit card or another accepted payment method; it can also be PayPal.
- Reconfirm your registration details in the review section and submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on what to bring to the exam.
Things to consider before CELPIP registration:
- Ensure you familiarize yourself with the test format and content to understand the questions you will attempt.
- Make sure to practice enough in each module to achieve your desired scores
- Work on developing your test-taking strategies for each test section that will help you manage your time effectively.
- You must have a valid government-issued ID, such as a passport, ensuring that your name matches the name on your test registration.
- Check whether the test results are valid for the purpose you need them for, such as immigration, academic admissions, or employment.
- Always check the test center's refund policy beforehand if you need to cancel or reschedule your test.
Why the CELPIP test is reliable:
- The CELPIP test is administered under standardized conditions, which allows all the test-takers to follow the same test-taking environment and conditions.
- Test security is a serious concern for the CELPIP administration because they use various measures to ensure the test's integrity.
- The CELPIP test content is valid and reliable because it uses research methods and standards to develop the test.
- The test scoring is based on an automated system that minimizes subjective biases and ensures fair and consistent scoring.
- There is a multi-stage process for CELPIP test results that are verified and automated for accuracy and reliable scores.
- CELPIP ensures quality checks to ensure processes meet its high standards for reliability and validity.
Date and Frequency
IELTS test dates are offered upto 4 times in a month making a total of 48 fixed dates in one calender year. The availability of IELTS dates in India may differ for Academic and General IELTS.
Center and Admit Card
The IELTS Exam is offered across more than 50 locations across India. There is no admit card provided for IELTS examination.
IELTS Exam results are released 10 calendar days after the test for the paper based exam and 5-7 calendar days for the computer based test. The Candidate will receive only ONE original Test Report form (TRF).
A candidate may request up to 5 additional TRFs to be sent to the receiving institutions (universities, professional bodies, etc) within 1 month of taking the IELTS test. TRFs sent by courier will be sent via DHL and students will be charged accordingly. If the receiving institution accepts electronic submission of scores then that can be arranged through the IDP IELTS office free of charge.
Free Mock Tests
Predicting the answer
Describe a place
Selecting from a list
Following a conversation
Identifying main ideas
Recognising text types
Analysing the passage
Dealing with unfamiliar words
Dealing with a range of views
Understanding the paragraph structure
Using paragraphs and main ideas
Process & Two-part Question
Bar Chart & Problem-Solution Question
Tabular Chart & Causes-Solution Question
Line Graph & Impact-Type of Question
Vertical Bar Graph & Discursive Essay
Pie Charts & Direct Question
Chart & Opinionated Question
Describe a school
Describe any event
Describe your favourite comedy show
Describe a quiet place
Describe a city
Describe something you would like to get replaced
Describe an occasion
- Check your predicted IELTS band
- Highlight key strengths and weaknesses
- Get personalised practice material
- Compete with potential IELTS test takers
- Instant Evaluation
- Takes less than 5 minutes
Other Study Abroad Exams
The skill and capability to communicate efficiently and effectively is the... Read More