IELTS Eligibility Criteria 2023 - Minimum Age Limit, Qualification & Score
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a standardized test that helps you prove your English proficiency & study, work in a country where English is the dominant language. It is accepted by institutions located in the USA, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and others. The IELTS exam checks your English language proficiency by assessing your speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills, and the scores are evaluated on a scale ranging from 1 to 9. The British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge English all jointly own IELTS.
- A valid passport
- You should be above 16 years of age
Which countries accept IELTS?
- New Zealand
Below-mentioned is the table that shows the minimum IELTS band requirements for mentioned above countries:
|Country||Minimum IELTS band requirements|
|UK||6.0 bands with no module less than 5.5|
|USA||6.5 bands with no module less than 6.0|
|Canada||6.5 bands with no module less than 6.0|
|Australia||6.5 bands with no module less than 6.0|
|New Zealand||6.5 bands with no module less than 6.0|
Why is it important for Indian candidates to appear for IELTS?
- Its the foremost requirement for enrolling in any course abroad
- Its recognized Worldwide
- For getting better proficiency in the English language
- It helps you assess your English language abilities
What is the advantage of giving IELTS?
There are many advantages that are associated with giving an IELTS exam
- This standardized language test is recognized globally by both institutions & governments
- It helps students prove their English Language proficiency
- It helps candidates get admission to their preferred institution
- This test can help candidates in professional registrations.
- It helps the students as well as institutions test their skills in the English language.
People who fall under the below-mentioned categories are provided special arrangements;
- Those that find learning difficult in the first place
- Those who cannot hear properly
- People with visual impairments
- Individuals with some medical issue or serious health issue
If the applicant notifies the authorities at least three months before the exam, they may be entitled to special accommodations at the exam sites. Additionally, the authorities must provide their consent. There are no IELTS eligibility requirements provided by conducting organizations like the British Council or IDP. Candidates who want to study abroad must have a basic understanding of English because most universities and educational institutions teach their curricula in English.
Date and Frequency
IELTS test dates are offered upto 4 times in a month making a total of 48 fixed dates in one calender year. The availability of IELTS dates in India may differ for Academic and General IELTS.
Center and Admit Card
The IELTS Exam is offered across more than 50 locations across India. There is no admit card provided for IELTS examination.
IELTS Exam results are released 10 calendar days after the test for the paper based exam and 5-7 calendar days for the computer based test. The Candidate will receive only ONE original Test Report form (TRF).
A candidate may request up to 5 additional TRFs to be sent to the receiving institutions (universities, professional bodies, etc) within 1 month of taking the IELTS test. TRFs sent by courier will be sent via DHL and students will be charged accordingly. If the receiving institution accepts electronic submission of scores then that can be arranged through the IDP IELTS office free of charge.
Free Mock Tests
Predicting the answer
Describe a place
Selecting from a list
Following a conversation
Identifying main ideas
Recognising text types
Analysing the passage
Dealing with unfamiliar words
Dealing with a range of views
Understanding the paragraph structure
Using paragraphs and main ideas
Process & Two-part Question
Bar Chart & Problem-Solution Question
Tabular Chart & Causes-Solution Question
Line Graph & Impact-Type of Question
Vertical Bar Graph & Discursive Essay
Pie Charts & Direct Question
Chart & Opinionated Question
Describe a school
Describe any event
Describe your favourite comedy show
Describe a quiet place
Describe a city
Describe something you would like to get replaced
Describe an occasion
- Check your predicted IELTS band
- Highlight key strengths and weaknesses
- Get personalised practice material
- Compete with potential IELTS test takers
- Instant Evaluation
- Takes less than 5 minutes
Other Study Abroad Exams
The skill and capability to communicate efficiently and effectively is the... Read More