Luxury Brand Management Courses for Indian Students: Best Universities, Eligibility, Scope & Jobs
- 654 Reads
- 3 min Read
Luxury Brand Management is a very attractive course as it turns into a highly successful career. Read this blog to know more about the details related to pursuing a luxury brand management course like top universities, eligibility criteria, scope, job opportunities and much more.
Table of Contents
Do brands attract you? Are you someone who loves brands and want to pursue a career in luxury brands? Luxury Brand Management is a field which could give the individual plenty of opportunities to work with the world’s biggest brands. Read this blog to know more about the parameters you need to consider before pursuing luxury brand management courses.
Luxury Brand Management Courses: BenefitsOne should pursue Luxury Brand Management Courses for the following reasons:
- Unlimited Opportunities: Pursuing a Luxury Management Course could provide international exposure to the applicant. They could work with some of the world’s renowned brands.
- Luxury Freak: If an individual loves brands and wants to work with some then they must pursue luxury brand management courses.
- Creative environment: Being a luxury brand manager one will be working on the marketing strategies and product launches for the brand.
- High-End Perks: A luxury brand manager gets a lot of competitive perks other than salary like special discounts, entry to company events and many more.
- Aggressive Industry: The luxury industry keeps changing as new technologies pop-up. Therefore, it pushes the brand manager to evolve with time and innovate better products for the customer.
Best Universities for Luxury Brand Management Courses
Below is the list of the top 8 universities to pursue Luxury Management Courses:
|Program Name||Country||University||Program Level|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Goldsmiths, University of London||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Richmond American University London||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Ravensbourne University London||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||University of Southampton - Winchester Campus||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Birmingham City University - City Centre Campus||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management with Professional Placement||UK||Birmingham City University - City Centre Campus||Master's Degree|
|Master of Business Administration in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Glasgow Caledonian University||Master's Degree|
|Master of Arts in Luxury Brand Management||UK||Northumbria University - Newcastle Amsterdam Campus||Master's Degree|
Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing Luxury Brand Management Course
The eligibility criteria for pursuing Luxury Brand Management course are as follows:
- Education: The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any luxury management course or a business-related field like fashion, marketing and others.
- Work Experience: An individual need to have 4-5 years of relevant work experience. The experience can consist of a full-time job, part-time job or even an internship.
- Statement of Purpose: A Statement of Purpose(SOP) is a personal document which includes the interest, career goals and reason for pursuing this specific course. An SOP helps the admission counsellors to assess the suitability of the candidate for the course.
- Letter of Recommendation: An applicant needs to show 2-3 Letters of Recommendation. A Letter of Recommendation contains skills, academic background and capability.
Scope in Luxury Brand Management
Let’s understand what is the scope of Luxury Brand Management with the following points:
- Expanding Luxury Market: The luxury brands market is an emerging and growing market. Luxury Brands continuously expand their operations and look for specialized professionals.
- Worldwide Opportunities: Pursuing a luxury management course can give a lot of opportunities to the individuals where they could get a chance to work in some world-class cities like New York, Paris, Dubai and Shanghai etc.
- Networking Opportunities: Working with the brands helps the individual to meet the industry experts and professionals and can establish a connection with them. One gets the opportunity to participate in guest lectures and industry events.
- Collaborations with Brand: A Luxury Brand Manager who helps his brand to partner with others to provide better services to their common customers. This collaboration happens in the industries like Travel, Arts, Sports and Technology.
- Entrepreneurship qualities: Working with the brands helps the individual to eventually think like the owner of the brand. He may get inspired by the brand so much that at some point in life, he could start his own business.
Job Responsibilities of Luxury Brand Manager
After doing Luxury Management Courses one becomes Luxury Brand Manager and below are the responsibilities he needs to fulfill:
- Brand Strategy: The very first function of a brand manager will be to develop the strategy of the brand in such a way which will aware more people about the brand in the market. For this, the individual needs to identify the target audience of the brand and conduct market research.
- Product Development: Another function of the brand manager is to ensure that the product matches the brand image and its values. Further, he needs to keep an eye on customers’ tastes and see the scope of a new product.
- Healthy Customer Relationship: A brand manager often needs to maintain good relationships with the influencers and clients. To engage with the customers, the brand manager can personalize the experience and organize loyalty programs.
- Team Management: A brand manager also needs to lead different teams like product development, sales and marketing. Further, he had to work closely with internal stakeholders.
- Managing finance: Another function of a luxury brand manager is to manage the budget for retail operations and marketing activities. He also needs to measure the financial performance of the brand from time to time.
Must Watch Books and Films to become Luxury Brand Manager
Apart from luxury management courses, there are many books and films which can help one to become a luxury brand manager. Below is the list of the top 10 books and films
• The Devil Wears Prada" (2006)
• The September Issue" (2009)
• The Great Gatsby" (2013)
• Coco Before Chanel" (2009)
• Dior and I" (2014)
• The End of Fashion
• The Road to Luxury
• Luxury Brand Management
• The Luxury Strategy
Luxury Brand Management Course: Job Roles
After completing the luxury brand management course one could get the following job roles in various industries:
- Luxury Brand Manager
- Product Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Consultant
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Public Relations (PR) Manager
- Luxury Brand Entrepreneur
- Event Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Visual Merchandiser
- PR specialist
Pursuing a Luxury Management Course opens up door of opportunities for individuals. Knowing the basic details like top universities, eligibility criteria, and job roles was just the first step towards becoming a Brand Manager. If still unsure about the course talk with Canam Consultants to know more about it and to get all your queries resolved.