Engineering in UK: Universities, Eligibility, Admissions Process, Documents and Scope
- 438 Reads
- 3 min Read
Engineering is one field that inspires students to be innovative and problem solvers, and the UK is amongst those countries which are considered a hub for innovators. Therefore, selecting any college for engineering in UK won't make you regret anything in future. Read the blog to know more about pursuing engineering in UK.
Table of Contents
Whether a candidate is fond of big city thrills or requires a relaxed atmosphere for concentration, universities and colleges in the UK have everything they want on campus. The country is known for its advanced teaching methods, scenic landscapes, cultural diversity, safe environment, etc. While studying abroad is easy nowadays if the student has all the documents, some financial hindrances and fears for the future are still there.
Read the article to know everything about engineering in UK, including universities, eligibility, admission process, scope and more. But first, it is essential to know all the reasons that make the UK a preferred study destination.
Why Study Engineering in the UK?
UK is one of the finest places to study engineering, and some of the essential pointers to consider are:
- One of the advantages is that the UK is the only country taking less time to complete any specific course, which is always considered before selecting a college.
- The UK is a place of innovation; this can be rectified because only the Industrial Revolution started here.
- The institutions' excellent standard of education and ranking make it most preferable to the students.
- Most UK universities provide a bridge to the real world that will be useful from a job perspective.
- Studying in UK enhances the career options for students. Engineering from a reputed institution will have a positive impact on a candidate's CV without any doubt.
Engineering in UK- Eligibility
Like any other course, the eligibility criteria for engineering in UK depend on many factors:
For undergraduates: Usually 60% marks in high school with physics, chemistry and mathematics as core subjects.
For graduates: It depends on the institution. Some accept 55%, and some even take candidates with 50% in their UG. Hence, it is as per the internal criteria of the university.
Engineering in UK: Documents Required
While the admission requirement varies from institute to institute, some of the general documents required by every university are:
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Language proficiency proof
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation
- GRE scores (if required)
- A valid passport
- CV or Resume (if required)
- Passport photograph
Engineering in UK: Admission Process
The admission process for engineering in UK varies as per the university students opt for. But, a general procedure for admission is as follows:
- Connect with the counsellors at Canam office or log on to www.canamgroup.com
- Search and shortlist universities offering engineering programs in the UK
- Check the specific requirements of every institute, if any
- Make an online application along with the required documents under the guidance of Canam experts
- Make sure to meet the submission deadlines set by the university
- Prepare for an interview, as some institutions may require an interview as part of the admission process
- Apply for a student visa after receiving the confirmation for admission from the university
- Fly to UK to begin the academic session
*For more details, contact overseas consultants at Canam.
Universities Offering Engineering in UK
Some of the recommended universities are:
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Keele University
- Middlesex University
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Bolton
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Wolverhampton
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
Furthermore, there are various courses in engineering and technology in the UK, and for that, students need to clear their doubts with overseas consultants at Canam.
Engineering in UK: Scope
Various options after engineering in UK include-
• Aerospace Engineer
• Chemical Engineer
• Biomedical Engineer
• Civil Engineer
• Electrical and Electronics Engineer
• Manufacturing Engineer
• Marine Engineer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Automotive Engineer
• Aeronautical Engineer
• Computer Engineer
Pursuing Engineering in UK certainly teaches students the right way to engineering ideas into actions. As a part of the curriculum, students are exposed to a range of pedagogical methods and techniques that help students to innovate and design using the tools of science. Connect with the study abroad consultants at Canam to know more about the program options available to students in engineering.
Get great articles direct to your inbox
The latest news, articles, and resources, sent straight to your inbox every month.
Popular Universities to Study Abroad
World class education waiting for you.
Le Cordon Bleu - Adelaide Campus
South Australia, Australia • 8 Programmes
Tuition Fee : AUD 19500-27000 / year
The Kings University
Alberta, Canada • 50 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 20000-20000 / year
La Trobe University - Mildura Campus
Victoria, Australia • 13 Programmes
Tuition Fee : AUD 33500-40000 / year
British Columbia, Canada • 21 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 11500-34000 / year
Conestoga College - Milton - Steeles Avenue Campus
Ontario, Canada • 5 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 12000-23000 / year
Whitireia and WelTec - Petone Campus
Wellington, New Zealand • 12 Programmes
Tuition Fee : NZD 25000-28000 / year
Seneca Polytechnic - Newnham Campus
Ontario, Canada • 101 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-29000 / year
Kwantlen Polytechnic University - Langley Campus
British Columbia, Canada • 54 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 19500-33000 / year
Latest at CANAM
Events, webinar, college / university visits and more.
The International Education Fair
Study in Canada, UK, USA, Australia, NewZealand, Dubai, Germany
18th Jan to 25th Jan • 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
University Visits - College of the Rockies
Study in Canada • University Visit
Chandigarh • 10:30AM
Study Abroad Application Fair
Study in Canada, UK, USA, Australia, NewZealand, Germany • Application Days
Nathana • 11:00AM