Study in New Zealand
Top Universities and Colleges
Study in New Zealand
New Zealand is ranked the 8th happiest country in the world by the World Happiness Report 2018. The UK based education system followed in New Zealand makes it the preferred destination for international education aspirants. New Zealand’s education system is ranked #1 in the world in educating students for the future, as assessed by the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Educating for the Future Index 2018. New Zealand universities are all ranked among the top 3 per cent in the world by QS World University Rankings 2018 and are ranked in the Top 100 universities worldwide in 39 of 46 subjects. New Zealand’s qualifications are internationally recognized.
New Zealand scores top marks in terms of:
- An education system that is fit for purpose in preparing students for a global career, with teaching and curriculum that is industry-connected
- Advanced technology, with 98 per cent of New Zealand education institutions connected to fast and uncapped broadband connections, and
- A curriculum framework that encourages students to experiment and to deliver new, creative solutions to problems
Global career opportunities
- In 2018 the New Zealand Government has introduced a three-year open post-study work visa for all international students studying Bachelor’s Degrees, Master’s Degrees and PhD qualifications, one of the most generous post-study work policies in the world.
- Students can also work up to 20 hours per week during term time or 40 hours per week during holidays when studying.
- New Zealand institutions offer ’work-ready’ programmes and internships, ensuring that students can connect with New Zealand based firms and multinational companies.
Eligibility & Requirements for Study in New Zealand
Before applying, make sure that the basic requirements are being met for securing admission in the desired institute and programme and to secure New Zealand study visa. Below is a list of required basic documents for New Zealand:
- Academic documents till date
- IELTS/TOEFL Score (5.5/6.0 for diploma, 6.0 for the Bachelor & 6.5 for Master)
- Work Experience (If any)
- University/College Application form (Offer letter processing time 1 to 2 weeks)
For Visa Purpose
- Passport or travel document:
- Offer letter from the College or University
Financial Undertaking Form/s (If more than one guarantor), Affidavit/s of Support from Guarantors, Authorization letter/s from guarantors authorizing Immigration New Zealand to verify their financial documents on their behalf, The students should provide evidence of funds upfront for duration of the courses that encompass two academic years or less inclusive of living expenses (NZ$ 15,000 per annum), Education loan sanction letter from a nationalised or multinational bank only, Latest bank statements for the past 6 months, Fixed Deposits. Public Provident Fund Accounts/Employers Provident Fund Accounts, Post Office Accounts and National Saving Certificates are required to be disbursed in to saving a/c of acceptable financial institution.
- Medical Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Student Visa application form and the supplementary information form
- Visa Application Fees
- Covering letter
- Educational certificates (with translations if required)
- English language requirement
- Evidence of Employment
Cost of Studying & Living in New Zealand
From postgraduate degrees to short-term English language courses, there is a qualification to suit everyone. Tuition fees for international students vary depending on the type of course, where the student wishes to study and for how long.
Students studying in New Zealand for more than one year need to have at least NZ$15,000 to support their stay in New Zealand for first year. If the student is willing to study for less than a year, then the student must have at least NZ$1250 for each month of study to contribute to the living expenses.
Study in New Zealand Scholarships for international students
Indian students are making the most of New Zealand education and the number of Indian students enrolled in New Zealand Universities has grown by 19 per cent in 2017. New Zealand offers:
New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA): Prestigious scholarships initiative awards scheme exclusively for Indian students to study at New Zealand’s world-class universities. The awards are co-sponsored by the New Zealand Government, and offer:
- 34 scholarships for study at any one of New Zealand’s universities, with more than INR 1 crore (NZ$215,000) available, and
- 25 Postgraduate awards and 9 undergraduate awards providing a contribution towards course fees.
Applications must be accompanied by an unconditional offer of place to study at a New Zealand University in an eligible programme of study.
To learn about the New Zealand admission and study visa process visit your nearest Canam Unisearch office as they have a team of experts that will guide you through every process without any hassle.