Masters in Singapore for Indian students
- 245 Reads
- 3 min Read
Are you willing to pursue masters in Singapore and develop professional skills? Stay tuned to this blog because, in this blog, we will talk about everything that you need to pursue a master’s degree in Singapore successfully.
Singapore is not just a country with exotic locations where travellers from around the world come for holidays, but it also has top-ranked universities, high standards of teaching, a great education system, and state-of-the-art research facilities for students. The tuition fees in Singaporean universities are less expensive than in the universities in UK and US and offer a wide range of programmes in Business and various other fields. Some of the least expensive universities in Singapore include the National University of Singapore NUS (ranked 11th in the QS World University Rankings and first in the QS Asia University Rankings 2021), Nanyang Technological University NTU (ranked 13th in the world and third in Asia), Singapore Management University (SMU) and others. It's one of the safest countries globally, and its cleanliness and low crime rates make it more attractive to foreign postgraduates.
About Singapore Universities
The universities in Singapore has an average fee of S$38,780 (USD 28,770), and their academic year starts in August and ends in July. Some of the main universities where Indian students desire to study include:
- Amity Global Institute
- Curtin University of Technology
- Dimensions International College
- East Asia Institute of Management (EASB)
- James Cook University
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy
- Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
- Nanyang Institute of Management
- PSB Academy
- Raffles Design Institute
- Raffles Education Corporation
- Raffles Merchandising School
- SP Jain School of Global Management Singapore
- William Angliss Institute
Even though Singapore has a decent higher education system, it still has some top-ranked universities around the world. Let’s have an overview of the Master’s program in Singapore.
An overview of the Singapore Master's program
The Master's degree is known in Singapore as "graduate study," The course length can vary between 1-2 years with full-time or part-time options. In Singapore, students will find two types of master’s degree, namely 'Graduate studies by Coursework', which is an academic-oriented taught Masters and professional course in which students have to submit projects towards the end of the course. The other type of degree is 'Graduate studies by Dissertation/Research', which are research-oriented Masters courses and requires students to submit a supervised thesis or dissertation in a specified period.
Masters in Singapore: Eligibility Criteria
To study masters in Singapore, you will have to meet the eligibility criteria set by Singaporean universities. Below are the requirements you need to satisfy as a student going to Singapore.
- Requirements for GMAT/GRE: The first thing you as a student need to submit to pursue masters in Singapore is entry examination scores. Though the private institutions in Singapore do not require GRE / GMAT, to take admission into most of the National Universities in Singapore, you will need a GMAT or GRE for their programs, and your GMAT score should be above 650.
- English Language proficiency: To get eligible to study masters in Singapore or any other course, you have to prove your proficiency in the English language through exams like TOEFL or IELTS. The cut off scores for these depend on the University. You are required to score an average of 80-100 in TOEFL iBT and 6.0-7.0 in IELTS to fulfil the eligibility criteria. The universities in Singapore sometimes also accept the Malaysian University English Test, which you can check on the concerned University's official website.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: To pursue masters in Singapore, you must also have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. It should be in accordance with the degree to which you have opted for specialization.
- Work Experience: Some Singapore Universities also require prior work experience for certain courses. It includes courses like MA fine arts and related programs. It would be best to gain some work experience in your native land to improve your admission prospects in your desired program.
General Document Requirements for Masters in Singapore
To send your applications to universities in Singapore, you will be required to send scanned copies of your documents along with the application. You will also be required to submit your original requirements when you are enrolled in the University. Below are the basic documents you will require to get admission into the Singaporean University.
- Receipt of Application Fees
- Passport details
- Student Pass (for non-Singaporeans)
- Academic records
- Scholarship applications
- Financial aid applications
- Awards/ Recognitions/ extracurricular activities/ co-curricular activities/ competitions
- Records of criminal offences, if any
- Medical Report of Illness or Disability
- Test scores required to study in Singapore.
Above are the general requirements you need to meet if you plan to study in Singapore. With its High-Quality Education Standards, Multicultural Society, Affordable tuition fees, and outstanding Employment opportunities, Singapore has already fulfilled the career dreams of infinite students. Do you want to be the next but not know how to start the process? Don't worry; the consultants at Canam will help you just as it helped numerous students who had a desire to study in Singapore. Our more than two decades of experience gives us the confidence to resolve the toughest of problems related to studying abroad. If you face any troubles or have any confusion regarding study in Singapore, you can visit our consultants, who remain ready to assist students with what is best for them. Visit your nearest Canam office today!
Get great articles direct to your inbox
The latest news, articles, and resources, sent straight to your inbox every month.
Popular Universities to Study Abroad
World class education waiting for you.
Bishop Grosseteste University
England, UK • 42 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 9100-12500 / year
University of East London - Stratford Campus
England, UK • 66 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 13000-1400 / year
Oxford Brookes University - Headington Campus
England, UK • 231 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 14000-17000 / year
University of Greenwich - Avery hill Campus
England, UK • 21 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 15000-16000 / year
Alberta, Canada • 19 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 15500-18000 / year
Northern College - Timmins Campus
Ontario, Canada • 47 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 13000-20000 / year
Goldsmiths, University of London
England, UK • 123 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 17000-25000 / year
Berkeley College - Woodland Park Campus
New Jersey, USA • 22 Programmes
Tuition Fee : USD 26000-27000 / year
Blogs and Articles
Curated content to keep you updated on the latest education trends, news and more.
Updated on • Jan 28,2023 12:51 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 27,2023 11:20 AM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 25,2023 01:57 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 23,2023 05:57 PM IST • Study in Germany
Updated on • Jan 21,2023 03:51 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 05:51 PM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 04:40 PM IST • USA
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 01:05 PM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 19,2023 05:52 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 19,2023 05:44 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 18,2023 12:07 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 17,2023 01:15 PM IST • USA
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 01:28 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 11:44 AM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 11:42 AM IST • International Students
Updated on • Jan 13,2023 01:17 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Jan 10,2023 05:11 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 09,2023 12:47 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 07,2023 02:21 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 04,2023 04:19 PM IST • International Students
Related Blogs and Articles
A little effort to provide an authentic and reliable content for keen readers!!
Reasons to Study MBA in Singapore
Updated on • 15-09-2022 • Singapore
Top Universities in Singapore International Students -2020
Updated on • 07-08-2020 • Singapore
What Makes Singapore a Hotspot for Studying Abroad
Updated on • 08-02-2020 • Singapore