Georgian College is a prestigious and well-known public college located in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the largest government funded college for applied art and technology, founded in 1967. Georgian College has 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries, across seven campuses (Barrie, Midland, Muskoka (Bracebridge), Orangeville, Orillia, Owen Sound, South Georgian Bay (Collingwood)). Georgian College is proud to offer students a rich learning environment that includes an amazing variety of experiential learning opportunities from co-op programs. The dynamic faculty teach 130+ market-driven programs, including:
- Graduate certificates
- Combined degree-diploma programs with Lakehead University
- Continuing education and workforce development options
- Academic upgrading and career preparation
- Apprenticeship and skills training
- Academic areas:
- Automotive Business
- Business and Management
- Community Safety
- Computer Studies
- Design and Visual Arts
- Engineering and Environmental Technologies
- Health, Wellness and Sciences
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Human Services
- Indigenous Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Marine Studies
- Skilled Trades
At Georgian, we work with industry and community partners to offer relevant, cutting-edge curriculum, quality work placements and co-op experiences with top employers. Our students graduate with the skills and the mindset to be innovative thinkers and changemakers who can transform their workplaces and communities. Georgian is a changemaker college. We are the first and only college in Canada designated a changemaker college by Ashoka U for our role as a leader in social innovation and changemaking in higher education.
Georgian College - Midland Campus
- Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, the Robbert Hartog Midland Campus offers exceptional apprenticeship and skills training – providing the industry with a vital, highly-qualified workforce.
Established in 1967
Programmes 5 Available
Total Students 13000+
Total Int. Students 3600+
The following requirements must be fulfilled to get admitted to Georgian College.
- International students are considered on case-by-case basis. There can be some additional requirements, depending on the program you are applying to.
- Students are required to submit their original transcripts from their last attended academic institutions. If they are not in English, then submit the translated copies of the same along with the originals.
- Should provide the certificate issued by the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) that compares educational credentials from other countries to educational standards in Canada.
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the time of the beginning of the course.
- You need to submit your English language proficiency test scores if you are coming from a non-English speaking country.
Please note: If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you must obtain a valid study permit before you come to Canada.
Minimum IELTS Score
Minimum TOEFL Score
Sep 2022, Sep 2023
The values given below are estimated figures, excluding extra charges like material fee, student activity fees, athletic fees, health care, etc., for courses. To know more, please visit the Programs page.
Approximate Tuition Fee Per Year
13500 - 14500 Per year
13500 - 20000 Per year
Comparison with other universities of similar tier
- Academic Counseling
- Accomodation (On Campus)
- Campus Security
- Campus Shuttle
- Career Support
- Co-op Program
- Day Care Centers
- Financial Assistance
- Food & Dining Sevices
- Health Insurance
- Internet Services
- Internship & on-the-job training
- IT Services Helpdesk
- Library Services
- Mental Health Services
- Orientation for new students
- Parking and Transit
- Peer Mentorship
- Recruitment Services
- Scholarships and Awards
- Social and Cultural Events
- Sports & Recreation Facilities
- Student Club and Socities
- Student Leaderships
- Student Unions and Associations
- Study & Work Permit
- Tax Information (T2202A)
- Volunteer & Community Outreach Programme
- Work While Studying
- Student Learning Centre
- University Transfer Options
- Continuing Education
- Online learning Programs
- Part Time Programs
- Women Safety and Resources Centre
- International Student Life Centre
- Academic/Career Portals
Georgian College has carved a niche for itself owing to the exceptional student services made available to the students. There are a vast number of student services available at Georgian College, which help the students both old and new in numerous different ways. Georgian’s Midland Campus has many features and services to enhance your college experience. The following are a few of them:
- Accessibility services
- Health services
- Georgian College Business and Career Services
- Indigenous Resource Centre
- Library and Academic Success
- Placement Offices
- Student advising
- Recreational Boating Centre of Excellence
- Skilled Trades Centre
- Transit options
- Campus safety and security
All the executives are very helpful throughout my process. Special thanks to the team of counsels. They guided me in this process until my visa got stamped.
So, helpful and organized. They explained each and everything which is needed for a student visa. I want to recommend Canam to my sister for her further studies.
The entire staff is welcoming. Great experience, right from applications to visa approval. I highly recommend Canam Consultants.
The process for the student visa was made very easy with Canam Consultants. I got various options to apply, and they were always helpful to me and my queries.
It was a pleasant experience to have assistance from your end. Thanks, Canam.
My application was processed without any problems. The experience was great. Everyone at Canam was very gentle, helpful, and welcoming.
I had a great experience with Canam Pune. I was late for my applications for the courses, but Canam ensured that I got the college and course I desired my counselor was by my side during every step of the process, and I am delighted with the way everything was handled.
My overall experience was excellent. I would recommend Canam to all the aspiring students for studying abroad.
I am really grateful to the counselors, who suggested an excellent course and university and helped me out through all the procedures for studying abroad.
The staff was very cooperative and friendly. I loved the ambiance of the office, and everyone was helpful. They cleared all my doubts, and their efforts are appreciable.
The entire team is highly professionals knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Canam to all my friends for counseling for overseas education.
The faculty was friendly and helped a lot during the process of applying for student visa.
It was a great experience here would love to recommend others about this institute as well.
Excellent experience with Canam Team.
Great experience with Canam, they helped me a lot during my student visa application process. Thank you so much, Canam.
Awards, scholarships and bursaries
Postsecondary education is an investment in your future. We know many students find it tough to make ends meet, which is why we offer so many options to help you pay your way to graduation.
Georgian offers awards, scholarships and bursaries to students of all walks of life — domestic, international and Indigenous, full-time and part-time, first years, upcoming graduates and everyone in between. You can afford this!
By the numbers
in bursaries awarded to Georgian students annually
awards and scholarships available to students each year
of donor-funded student awards, scholarships and bursaries annually
Awards and scholarships
- What is an award?
- An award is a gift or sum of money presented to students in recognition of their accomplishments or situational needs.
- What is a scholarship?
- A scholarship is a gift or sum of money presented to a student primarily on the basis of academic achievement. Other criteria may apply.
What awards and scholarships are available at Georgian?
- With more than 650 awards and scholarships available to students each year with a combined value of over $750,000, we’re confident there’s one for you!
- The average value of a Georgian award or scholarship is $1,000. Recipients may be selected based on:
- Community involvement
- Involvement within the Georgian community
- Academic achievements
- Financial need
- Sports and athletics
- First generation students
As you can see, it’s not all about your marks. You also don’t need to be fresh out of high school or in your first year of study. You don’t even need to be enrolled full-time! There truly are awards and scholarships for Georgian students from all walks of life. Find out how to apply.
- A bursary is a non-repayable sum of money presented to students based strictly on financial need.
- The minimum bursary value is $500. Georgian disburses more than $3 million in bursaries every single year, so it’s worth applying! Find out how to apply.
- The bursaries listed below are administered by Financial Aid and Awards and are subject to the availability of funding each year.
- What bursaries are available at Georgian?
- Georgian Bursary
- Emergency Bursary
- Indigenous Student Bursary
- Métis Nation of Ontario Bursary
- Ontario First Generation Bursary
Map and Location
649 Prospect Blvd, Midland, ON L4R 4K6, Canada
World class education waiting for you.
Confederation College - Thunder Bay
Ontario, Canada • 59 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 12500-15000 / year
Centennial College - Story Arts Centre Campus
Ontario, Canada • 33 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-25000 / year
Mohawk College - Institute for Applied Health Sciences at McMaster (IH) Campus
Ontario, Canada • 7 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-18000 / year
Centennial College - Downsview Campus (Centre for Aerospace and Aviation)
Ontario, Canada • 6 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-25000 / year
Canadore College - West Parry Sound Campus
Ontario, Canada • 3 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-26000 / year
Top Universities in Canada
The World of Holistic knowledge is waiting for you.
University of Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada • 174 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 20000-25000 / year
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan, Canada • 81 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 18000-23000 / year
Ontario, Canada • 129 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 25000-28000 / year
Nova Scotia, Canada • 85 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14000-24000 / year
University of Guelph
Ontario, Canada • 149 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 33000-49200 / year
University of Ottawa
Ontario, Canada • 136 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 15000-32000 / year
University Canada West
British Columbia, Canada • 12 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 13000-21000 / year
Ontario, Canada • 247 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 14204-22040 / year
University of Windsor
Ontario, Canada • 195 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 23000-44000 / year
Cape Breton University
Nova Scotia, Canada • 71 Programmes
Tuition Fee : CAD 19500-19600 / year
Blogs and Articles
Curated content to keep you updated on the latest education trends, news and more.
Updated on • Jan 28,2023 12:51 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 27,2023 11:20 AM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 25,2023 01:57 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 23,2023 05:57 PM IST • Study in Germany
Updated on • Jan 21,2023 03:51 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 05:51 PM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 04:40 PM IST • USA
Updated on • Jan 20,2023 01:05 PM IST • Study in Canada
Updated on • Jan 19,2023 05:52 PM IST • Courses in Canada
Updated on • Jan 19,2023 05:44 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 18,2023 12:07 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 17,2023 01:15 PM IST • USA
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 01:28 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 11:44 AM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 16,2023 11:42 AM IST • International Students
Updated on • Jan 13,2023 01:17 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Jan 10,2023 05:11 PM IST • Australia
Updated on • Jan 09,2023 12:47 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 07,2023 02:21 PM IST • Study Abroad Guidance
Updated on • Jan 04,2023 04:19 PM IST • International Students