Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Be Prepare COVID-19
- Study in Canada without IELTS
About University of New Brunswick
Having celebrated its 225th anniversary in 2010-2011, is one of the oldest English language universities in Canada and one of the four schools that boost of being the oldest public university in North America called The University of New Brunswick (UNB), established in 1785. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 60 disciplines and continuing education in a variety of fields. The university aims at creating the premier university environment for its students, faculty and staff. The university has its campuses in New Brunswick cities at Fredericton and Saint John and offers education to more than 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students on its campuses.
Saint John campus is a smaller campus which was opened in 1964. The campus has undergone huge expansion over the years and is the fastest growing component of the UNB system with many new buildings constructed between the 1970s and the first decade of the 21st century. As per the ongoing trend in recent years the campus has witnessed a tremendous increase in the number of international students. The Saint John campus is primarily a ‘commuter campus’, as students prefer staying outside the college campus due to Saint John city’s rich cultural and social life.
Why University of New Brunswick
The University Of New Brunswick (UNB) is referred to the students for the following reasons:
Exceptional and transformative education:
The University is recognized for offering an exceptional and transformative education its students, by encouraging initiative and innovation, unlocking their creative potential.
The University brings a diverse group of students together with its nationally recognized professors to learn in small classes and labs.
Best student-to-faculty ratio:
The University has among the best student-to-faculty ratios of Canada’s comprehensive universities, according to Maclean’s magazine. It offers world-class programs while maintaining a small-university experience.
The extracurricular activities are offered at both the campuses with clubs and societies, varsity athletic teams, student governments, student newspapers, and campus radio stations.