Heriot-Watt University - Edinburgh Campus Students
Coming to university is one of the biggest moves you'll ever make. The years ahead will be fun, exciting, and fulfilling but there may be times when you'll need some help and advice. We have a range of support services with friendly, approachable staff that are there to listen and provide you with the advice, support, and information you need throughout your time with us.
Student Support is an important first port of call for practical advice and support on all kinds of issues including settling into university life, money, accommodation, disability, and personal safety. We can also help if you get into difficulties by providing support and counselling to make sure you get the most out of your time at Heriot-Watt.
- Our campuses are modern and well equipped for those of you who have a disability. If you have disclosed a disability prior to the start of your course, staff in the Disability Service will meet with you to provide ongoing professional advice and support throughout your time at University.
- The Disability Service can provide support and advice with study skills if you have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, in addition to assistive technology to help students overcome any barriers to learning.
- Each School within the University has at least one contact staff member who has particular responsibilities for disabled students. The Disability Advisor liaises regularly with these staff members and also with mentors and tutors to co-ordinate the support for all disabled. For more information, please visit the Disability Service pages.
Careers and Graduate Futures Service
The University's award-winning Careers and Graduate Futures Service provides one of the most extensive and comprehensive careers education and professional development programmes of any higher education institution in the UK. The Careers and Graduate Futures Service can also help you to find part-time work and vacation employment. For more information, please visit the Your career pages.
Support for widening participation
Heriot-Watt University is committed to widening participation in higher education and offering the opportunity for university study to students from a diverse range of backgrounds. You can find out more about who we support and what we can offer on our widening participation pages.
In addition, there are a number of groups who we can provide additional support throughout their studies:
- Students joining year two or three of a degree after completing an HNC or HND at a Scottish college
- Mature students who have completed a SWAP access course
- Students who have formerly been looked after and accommodated in local authority care including foster care (see support for care experienced students)
- Estranged students – someone who no longer has the support of their family due to a breakdown in their relationship which has led to ceased contact (see support for estranged students)
- Students with caring responsibilities – anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support (see support for students with caring responsibilities)
All the executives are very helpful throughout my process. Special thanks to the team of counsels. They guided me in this process until my visa got stamped.
So, helpful and organized. They explained each and everything which is needed for a student visa. I want to recommend Canam to my sister for her further studies.
The entire staff is welcoming. Great experience, right from applications to visa approval. I highly recommend Canam Consultants.
The process for the student visa was made very easy with Canam Consultants. I got various options to apply, and they were always helpful to me and my queries.
It was a pleasant experience to have assistance from your end. Thanks, Canam.
My application was processed without any problems. The experience was great. Everyone at Canam was very gentle, helpful, and welcoming.
I had a great experience with Canam Pune. I was late for my applications for the courses, but Canam ensured that I got the college and course I desired my counselor was by my side during every step of the process, and I am delighted with the way everything was handled.
My overall experience was excellent. I would recommend Canam to all the aspiring students for studying abroad.
I am really grateful to the counselors, who suggested an excellent course and university and helped me out through all the procedures for studying abroad.
The staff was very cooperative and friendly. I loved the ambiance of the office, and everyone was helpful. They cleared all my doubts, and their efforts are appreciable.
The entire team is highly professionals knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Canam to all my friends for counseling for overseas education.
The faculty was friendly and helped a lot during the process of applying for student visa.
It was a great experience here would love to recommend others about this institute as well.
Excellent experience with Canam Team.
Great experience with Canam, they helped me a lot during my student visa application process. Thank you so much, Canam.
World class universities waiting for you.
Scotland, UK • 60 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 15500 - 14000 / year
Scotland, UK • 141 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 15000 - 18000 / year
Scotland, UK • 12 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 15000 - 21000 / year
Scotland, UK • 304 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 19000 - 30000 / year
Top Universities in UK
Popular universities to study in UK
England, UK • 294 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 19000 - 25000 / year
England, UK • 116 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 9000 - 25000 / year
England, UK • 254 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 12500 - 13500 / year
England, UK • 172 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 22000 - 29000 / year
England, UK • 279 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 19000 - 39000 / year
England, UK • 243 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 14000 - 16500 / year
England, UK • 253 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 14000 - 17000 / year
England, UK • 267 Programmes
Tuition Fee : GBP 18000 - 40000 / year
Popular English Language Proficiency Exams
Blogs and Articles
Study in UK Blogs & Articles
Updated on • Feb 19,2024 05:07 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 19,2024 04:44 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Feb 20,2024 10:11 AM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 20,2024 10:20 AM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 20,2024 10:24 AM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Feb 20,2024 10:15 AM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Feb 09,2024 05:38 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 08,2024 04:46 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 08,2024 03:55 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 07,2024 11:31 AM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Feb 08,2024 10:34 AM IST • UK
Updated on • Feb 08,2024 10:30 AM IST • UK
Updated on • Jan 31,2024 04:34 PM IST • TOEFL
Updated on • Jan 24,2024 05:22 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Dec 12,2023 06:00 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Nov 14,2023 12:43 PM IST • UK
Updated on • Nov 07,2023 12:37 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Oct 21,2023 04:44 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Oct 13,2023 01:29 PM IST • study in the UK
Updated on • Oct 06,2023 11:37 AM IST • study in the UK