Study in UK
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in U.K
- Education System in UK
- UK General Application Process
- UK Financial Information
- UK Scholarship Information
- UK Student Visa Guidance
- UK Frequently Asked Questions
- UK Career Workrights info.
- UK Awards and Certificates
- Study in London
- Study in Birmingham
- Study in England
- Study in Manchester
- Study in Glasgow
UK Student Visa Guidance
The United Kingdom encompasses a blend of people from different backgrounds. A great opportunity for students to study in the country and meeting people of new cultures, UK acknowledged as one of the most preferred destinations for higher education, having excellent teaching facilities and faculty and a state-of-the-art education system. UK universities, particularly for Indian students, are highly acceptable and adjustable because of a similarity in the education system. To pursue studying in the UK, one needs to have Study Visa Guidance for United Kingdom by the immigration authorities. There are two types of visas that a student can apply:
Types of UK Visas for students
The first category includes 2 types of visas who intend doing a short-term course or even an English language course say up to 11 months.
a) Short-term Student visa: This can be applied for if a student is above 18 years of age and aspire to study in the UK for a short period of 6 months. In case you need to do a course in English language, you can apply for extended visa for 11 months.
b) Short-term student (child) visa: This visa is applicable if a student is below 17 years or even younger and seeks UK study visa guidance to apply for a period of 6 months.
Another visa category is applicable for visas of longer time.
a) Tier4 student (child) visa: If the student is between 4 to 17 years of age, he/she will be going to UK at an independent, fee-paying school.
b) Tier4 (General) student visa: This visa is applicable for students who are 16 years and above and can meet the criteria for eligibility.
Besides visas information, here is a list of documents required for UK:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- Passport sized photographs
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: The documents may differ as per the universities and individual courses in the UK you will apply for.
Visit Unisearch and take the best UK Student Visa Guidance from Visa Specialists having hands-on expertise in getting thousands of visas.