Toll Free No 1800 137 8055
WhatsApp your Name, Email, City and Query

89683 00000

facebook youtube googleplus instagram twitter
eexploreplore programs across the world

Leave this empty:


UK Career Workrights info.

It is very important for the students to have the UK work rights information in hand if planning to study from this country.

The work rights information in the UK suggests that for immigration, you must be able to show that you can support their education and living expenses in the UK without having to work. Also, you must show other sources of financial support apart from your part-time work.

Works rights in the UK depend on the type of visa you have. As per the recent immigration guidelines in the UK that came into force on 4 July 2011, affects candidates under the Tier 4 category.

The above-mentioned rule is applicable to the students who come under the Non-European economic area (EEA); Indian students fall into this category as well. These provisions are applicable if you are pursuing your course from a recognized institution that receives public funding as higher education institution in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or any publically funded further educational institute.

You will not be permitted to work in the UK if you are pursuing any course, i.e. undergraduate, post-graduate or a Ph.D., with a private institution which is not a higher education institution in the UK or public funded institute. On the other hand, if your private college is a recognized body, you may be allowed work.

The students who have got enrolled themselves in the courses of more than 6-months will be provided with a passport stamp or visa sticker that qualifies them to work part-time throughout the term (up to 20 hours a week) and full-time during their vacations. If your programme is below degree-level, e.g. Diploma or certificate course, you are permitted to work a maximum of 10 hours every week during term-time.

However, you are permitted to work full-time during holidays. Holidays are usually around Christmas and Easter and vacations after completion of examinations.If you a student visitor in the UK, you are not allowed to work (i.e. paid/unpaid employment or work placements). Also, students need to be careful as exceeding the maximum hours limit willput you studies at risk.

Quick Query UK

Leave this empty: