Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Be Prepare COVID-19
- Study in Canada without IELTS
North West College, Canada
Built as Mistikwa Community College in 1975 in response to the growing need for practical training in the Battlefords area, the college has a long history. Initially, 32 academic divisions were serving 47 communities within the catchment area. The courses first offered through Mistikwa included general interest courses, adult basic education, university degree programs, and skills training. In 2015, North West Regional College celebrated its 40th anniversary and was named North West College.
Why North West College, Canada
- Over the years, the college has made some remarkable breakthroughs, such as the "Born to Read" program launched in 1992. Under this, a board book and a bag were given to every newborn in the North West Regional College's catchment area partnered with Prairie North Health Region. The program supported and duly highlighted the importance of literacy in the region.
- The North West College has ample residential area for students who need a boarding space on campus. Plus, it is home to a well-established welding lab at Meadow Lake Campus.
- Small group classes ensure a better learning experience for students at this college.
- Since it was established to offer skill-based courses, the staff offers a practical-based instruction system, thus, enabling students to grow not only as individuals but also as professionals.