Study in UK
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in U.K
- Education System in UK
- UK General Application Process
- UK Financial Information
- UK Scholarship Information
- UK Student Visa Guidance
- UK Frequently Asked Questions
- UK Career Workrights info.
- UK Awards and Certificates
- Study in London
- Study in Birmingham
- Study in England
- Study in Manchester
- Study in Glasgow
Education System in UK
One of the best education systems in the world is available in the United Kingdom (UK). The UK has the most famous universities in the world like University of Oxford and University of Cambridge. United Kingdom Education System is highly regarded in the world. Therefore, through the UK Education System, you can gain world-class qualifications, a brighter future and unforgettable student experience.
The UK offers a number of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. The duration of degrees saves students from extra cost and time during your education in UK. The levels of education are classified as followed:
If student wish to study in the UK universities,the application will be processed through a central government agency that coordinates applications for every university which ensures the transparency. There are several degree courses available which can help to acquire skills for a variety of jobs or further education.
An undergraduate degree usually lasts for three years but if there is an industrial assignment or a supplementary subject included in the qualification it may take longer. Student can acquire a bachelor’s degree from a university or higher education college. A bachelor’s degree otherwise with honors or vocational foundation degrees that lasts for two years are also available in many institutions. Many educational institutions have recently started offering the integrated master’s degrees, particularly in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. These degrees last for four years. Other degree programs that last for 4 years include a ‘sandwich’ year under which student can gain relevant work experience for 1 year.
Student can apply for a postgraduate degree if they have completed an undergraduate degree. Postgraduate qualifications include the following courses:
- Graduate certificates and diplomas, professional graduate certificates in education – level 6. Student can apply for these courses if they have already completed a bachelor’s degree, often as conversion course.
- Postgraduate certificates and diplomas, postgraduate certificate in education – level 7. These courses are shorter than a full master’s degree.
- Master’s degrees that last for one year. If student wish to study a research-based master’s degree it may last for two years.
- If student wish to attain a qualification that is purely research and practice-based (Doctorates, Ph.D./D.Phil.), student will have to complete a master degree for application to such programs. These degrees at level 8, last for three years and they are the top level of the qualifications frameworks.