Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
- SDS Colleges in Canada
Canada Student Visa Guidance
Canada continues to hold the status for being the most preferred destination for Indian students, as there is a myriad of applications for studying in Canada. The credit for such an increase in the number of applications goes to the friendly visa policies and several initiatives taken by the Canadian government to attract Indian students to its colleges and universities. The students aspiring to study in Canada need an offer letter from a Canadian Institute, and study visa from the Canadian High Commission.
Introduction of the Student Direct Stream (SDS) System
In the first quarter of 2018, IRCC has implemented a student friendly system: the Study Direct Stream (SDS) in India. As per the new rule, the IELTS score requirement in India has been raised from an overall score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5) to an overall score of 6.0. (with no band less than 6.0.). With momentum for studying in Canada going high in India, it is expected that student application numbers will continue to expand. SDS has substituted SPP in India. Now, students will be required to purchase a GIC ($10,000) and provide a financial proof of tuition fee for the first year of the course.
Now, study visa applications to Canadian colleges can be submitted both, offline and online. All the educational institutions of Canada having Designated Learning Number (DLN) fall under the SDS visa program. This is the initiative taken by the Canadian government to quicken the study permit processing for Indian students. The vision behind the launch of SDS is to provide a quality education to the deserving candidates. Also, the SDS program has fastened the visa processing time as online applications are also accepted.
Under the new rules of SDS System, the colleges have a tie-up with the Scotia bank, ICICI Toronto and a couple of other banks, from where students can buy a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000. The amount covers the one-year expenses of the students and also qualifies them for SDS program.
How Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is better?
- Easy visa processing for all SDS entitled DLI institutions
- Less financial proofs required
- Saves time and speedy visa processing
STUDENT VISA FEE FOR CANADA
Canadian $ 150 (Rs 8,500)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A STUDY PERMIT TO CANADA
- Valid Passport
- Acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Latest Medical report
- Proof of Funds
- Receipt of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Proof of submission of tuition fees for the first year of study
- Proof of graduation from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a score of at least 6 bands for English (IELTS)
- Passport Size Photographs
- Personal Statement
Additional documents may be needed under certain circumstances and if not qualifying through SDS. For detailed guidance students are advised to hire an ICCRC authorized agent.
APPLYING FOR A CANADIAN STUDY VISA
Students are advised to keep the commencement date of their programs well before in mind while applying for study visas and should apply to get the acceptance before the starting date of the program. It will help them to make pre-departure preparations. The student can either apply online or through an offline application for study visa to Canada. For applying and to get more details, students are advised to hire an ICCRC authorized agent.