Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
Canada Student Visa Guidance
Canada continues to hold the status for being the most preferred destination for Indian students, as the numbers of applications have grown manifold. This increase in number of applications can be credited to friendly visa policies and several initiatives taken by the Canadian Government to attract Indian students to its colleges and universities. The candidates aspiring to study in Canada need an offer letter from a Canadian Institute, and study visa from the Canadian High Commission.
Launch of Study Direct Stream (SDS)
In the first quarter of 2018, IRCC has implemented the Study Direct Stream (SDS) in India. As per the new rule the IELTS requirement in India is raised from an overall score of 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5) to an overall score of 6.0. (with no band less than 6.0.). With momentum for studying in Canada going high in India, it is expected that student numbers will continue to expand. SDS has replaced SPP in India. Students will be required to purchase a GIC ($10,000) and provide proof of tuition payment for the first year.
Now, study visa applications to Canadian colleges can be submitted online or on paper. Now, all the Canadian colleges and institutes having Designated Learning Number (DLN) fall under SDS visa program. This move is to hasten the study permit processing for Indian students. The vision behind the launch of SDS is to provide quality education to the deserving candidates. Also the SDS program has shortened the visa processing time as online applications are also accepted.
Under SDS New Rules the colleges have a tie-up with the Scotia bank, ICICI Toronto and a couple of other banks, from where students can buy a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000. This money covers the one-year expenses of the students and also qualifies them for SDS program.
How Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is better?
- Easy visa processing for all SDS entitled DLI institutions
- Less financial proofs required
- Saves time and speedy visa processing
STUDENT VISA FEE FOR CANADA
Canadian $ 150 (Rs 8,500)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A STUDY PERMIT TO CANADA
- Valid Passport
- Acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Latest Medical report
- Proof of Funds
- Receipt of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Proof of submission of tuition fees for the first year of study
- Proof of graduation from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a score of at least 6 bands for English (IELTS)
- Passport Size Photographs
- Personal Statement
Additional documents may be needed under certain circumstances and if not qualifying through SDS. For detailed guidance students are advised to hire an ICCRC authorized agent.
APPLYING FOR A CANADIAN STUDY VISA
Students are advised to keep their program starting dates in mind before applying for study visas and should apply for a study visa to get the decision adequately before the start date of the selected program. It will allow them make adequate pre-departure preparations. The study visa to Canada can be applied online or through paper application. For more details students are advised to hire an ICCRC authorized agent.