Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
- SDS Colleges in Canada
The University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg is a public university that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the field of art, business and economics, Education, Kinesiology, and Science. It is situated in Winnipeg, Manitoba, in Canada. The university's founding colleges were Manitoba College and Wesley College. They later merged to form United College in the year 1938.
The University of Winnipeg was founded in 1967 after United College received its charter. Maclean's Magazine, The Globe and Mail newspaper regularly ranks the University of Winnipeg in the top 15 Canadian universities for undergraduates. The University is known for its academic excellence for teaching and research also. The institution is also noted for small class sizes, environmental commitment, campus diversity, Indigenous scholarship, and support of cultural arts. It is regarded as one of the most affordable universities in Canada.
Why The University of Winnipeg?
The University of Winnipeg has an Opportunity Fund that is supported by generous private donations. The opportunity fund assists students who are not financially sound. It covers their tuition fees and other vital costs.
The campus of the University of Winnipeg is in the downtown area, making it accessible to everyone. It can be accessed by bike, bus, and car:
Bike: The bike racks are available through the campus. The university's bike lab is a very innovative hub. It promotes cycling. The lab offers year-round programming, conducts free workshops, networking opportunities, and more.
Bus: There are more than 50 routes, and the university is delighted to be the Downtown Rapid Transit Terminus for Winnipeg's Rapid Transit Corridor.