Study in USA
About University of Vermont
Situated in Burlington, Vermont, The University of Vermont thinks big and inspires others to do the same. The academic programs offered by the university combine the relationships of the faculty and the students. It was founded in 1791, and is the fifth oldest university in New England. The University of Vermont is the first higher education institute which has declared public support for freedom of religion. It has been the first university which has admitted women and African-Americans into Pho Beta Kappa honor society. The motto of the university is "Studiis et Rebus Honestis" which means "For studies and other honest pursuits." The university focuses on experience based learning. The university's mission is to create, evaluate, share and apply the knowledge and prepare its students to be responsible leaders who bring their work dedication to the global community.
Why University of Vermont
- The university is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Undergraduate student faculty ratio is 15:1
- Research engagement, internships or other experience based learning is offered.
- The university offers 700 study abroad options in 70 countries.
- More than 200 student clubs and organizations are there for the involvement of the students.
- The athletic teams have NCAA Division I
- A safe and secure environment is provided to the students.
- Scholarships for international students are available.
- The university offers 100 majors in 7 undergraduates' schools and colleges.