Study in USA
About University of South Carolina
Located in Columbia, South Carolina, the University of South Carolina is a public research university that was established in the year 1801. It was founded as South Carolina College, which now offers over 350 programs in several disciplines. The University has seven satellite campus locations across the state, and the main campus spreads over an area of 359 acres. It has a student population of over 50,000, making it one of the largest universities in the Carolinas. The institution is located in a quaint and serene location with plenty of beautiful sites such as Lake Murray, three rivers, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, etc.
Along with almost 35,000 students from 46 Carolina Counties, the University is home to people from all 50 US States and nearly 100 countries across the world. The students are mentored by a faculty of highly educated and skilled teachers who help students throughout their program. The University has successfully trained around 1,000 Rhode, Fulbright, Gates, and Truman Scholarships in the past two decades.
Why University of South Carolina
- The University of South Carolina has been given the title of the Nation’s Best Public Universities Honors College.
- USC has a student ratio of 17:1, and 37% of the total classes have fewer than 20 students.
- It has a fantastic track record of success, and hence, it is ranked 104th in the national Universities.
- The University offers over 56 nationally ranked academic programs in the fields of health sciences, engineering, law, and the arts.
- It is famous as one of the most affordable four-year institution in the state of Carolina.
- USC is home to 400 student organizations that provide students with many options.