Study in USA
About University of Maryland, Baltimore County
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County, is a public research university established in 1966. UMBC is home to almost 14,000 students, which include international students from all over the world. Another great accomplishment of the University is that it is the first public college or University in Maryland to be inclusive of all races. It has also gained accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
The University of Maryland, BC, offers students several programs that include graduate, undergraduate, postgraduate as well as doctoral degrees. It is also one of the fastest-growing research universities in the country and has been consistently ranked in the top 200 U.S. research institutions. UMBC has experienced and trained faculty members who not only focus on classroom education but introduce other interactive learning techniques.
Why University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- The University of Maryland, Baltimore County, offers 48 undergraduate programs, 60 graduate programs, 36 master’s degree programs as well as 24 doctoral degrees.
- A lot of emphases is laid on practical training and internships.
- The campus has over 220 student-run organizations. The University has ten housing areas that are home to approximately 4,000 students.
- Almost 75% of students receive financial aid.
- The student to teacher ratio is 19:1, and most of the classrooms have fewer than 20 students.