Study in USA
About University of Akron
Being the most influential public research university, the University of Akron, Ohio’s Polytechnic University contributes to the resurrection of the local economy by providing a highly qualified and trained workforce in diverse range of disciplines. The university is known for its innovative approach towards higher education. With a polytechnic approach to education, the University of Akron offers programs that are career-oriented and emphasizes on experiential learning. Various disciplines are brought together in ways which provide the students with life-long skills, co-ops and internship opportunities for purposes like academic research, study abroad, on-campus student employment and service projects.
Why University of Akron
Polytechnic University: The university puts the students into the regional workforce where classroom learning becomes real and jobs can be earned and therefore, a Polytechnic University accomplishes all the objectives in a better way.
Get Involved: More than 300 student organizations are there on the campus, which focus on academics, athletics, hobbies, politics, faith, film, ethnicity, music and more.
Co-op Programs: The university has one of the longest running co-op programs in the nation.
Academic Programs: The university offers more than 300 associate, bachelors, and master’s, doctorate and law degree programs. The university has 11 colleges which are as follows:
- Applied Science and Technology
- Arts & Sciences at UA Arts & Sciences
- Arts & Sciences at UA Business Administration
- College of Education LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education
- Arts & Sciences at UA Engineering
- College of Health Professions Health Professions
- The Graduate School Graduate School
- Williams Honors College Williams Honors College
- Colleges and schools
- Akron has 11 colleges and schools, offering undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
- School of Law
- College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering Polymer Science
- Polymer Engineering