Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
- SDS Colleges in Canada
About University of Victoria
If research is the area that attracts your attention then the University of Victoria (UVic) is the gateway to accomplish research dreams. The objective behind university's decision to make research its mission is to serve the society, with the progression and application of knowledge, innovation and imaginative terms and the creation of research based learning setting. The UVic enjoys the status for being the foremost research university in Canada that is continuously working in the fields that have already established and that are emerging, by offering the support that is essentially required to make the research an ongoing process.
The university's strategic research priorities and developing initiatives are planned as per the guidelines issued by the Office of the Vice-President Research (OVPR) provides guidance for UVic's research agenda at the institutional level. This includes setting strategic research to support research to ensure that UVic research continues to grow and prosper. UVic offers broad range of areas like: Oceans and climate, Global change and sustainability, Computational modeling and information technology, Genomics and proteomics, Indigenous and cultural studies, Society and health, Matter and energy and Fine and performing arts.
Why University of Victoria (UVic)?
Support Provided to UVic:
The University of Victoria boosts of significant support that it gets in the form of public funding, student tuition and private contributions.
Annual Faculty Evaluation:
To make sure that the programming of the highest quality is offered to the students the faculty at the university is evaluated annually, through students' teaching evaluations as well as by their department chair and dean.
Public accounting of accomplishments:
In numerous ways the university provides a public accounting of its accomplishments and progress in fulfilling its mission.
Problem sharing and solutions offered:
The University of Victoria plays both the roles and responsibilities to respond and take action.
The sustainability site is the digital hub for sustainability on the university Campus. The university invites the students to explore its green initiatives in the classroom, on the ground, and in its research activities.