Study in USA
Marist College was founded in 1929. It is located in the centre of the celebrated Hudson Valley, which is in the middle of New York City and Albany, the state capital. Over the years, the college has developed itself as one of the top colleges of the arts and sciences in the country. This all inclusive college reflects the ideals of the founder of Marist Brothers, St. Marcellin Champagnat: commitment to excellence in education, a pursuit of higher human values, and dedication to the principle of service. The college is dedicated to help its students develop the intelligence and moral fiber that is required for illumination, principled and prolific lives in the global community of the contemporary world.
Why Marist College
- Marist has been named as one of the best 377 colleges in the nation by the Princeton review.
- Marist is called as one of the "25 most connected campuses" in America by Forbes and The Princeton Review.
- Marist has also been placed on the elite honor roll of only 100 academic institutions noted for teaching character development by The John Templeton Foundation.
- It is recognized for its headship in the use of technology for teaching purposes.
- Opportunity for personal growth and development is given through participation in the various students' organization like SGA (Student Government Association), Clubs, MCTV (Marist College Television), The Circle (Marist College Student Newspaper), The Chapel, Sustainability/Recycling, Social Norms, DCCC and ROTC.
- Various activities take place both inside and outside the campus so as to provide the students with a unique learning experience like Student Center, Around Town, Off-Campus Trips, Dutchess County Public Transit, Off Campus Shuttles/Shopping Shuttle, Resident Select on Demand Movie Programs, Spring 2016 Activities Calendar/Important Info, Reynard Yearbook/Senior Portraits, Red Fox Enrichment (RFE) Programs, Commuter Lounge, Nelly Goletti Theatre and Zip Cars.
- The college has the following schools which cover various academic areas.
- School of Communication & the Arts
- School of Computer Science & Mathematics
- School of Professional Programs
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Management
- School of Science
- School of Social & Behavioral Sciences