Study in USA
About Fontbonne University
In case you are researching for a student-centric university offering valued based liberal arts and professional programs, then your search may end at the Catholic Co-educational Institute called Fontbonne University which was founded in 1923 located at Suburban St. Louis. Every year almost 2,000 students successfully graduate from the institute by studying its high – quality academics curriculum and experiencing amazing campus surroundings. The university is sponsored by Church Organization called Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
Why Study in Fontbonne University?
The university’s faculty and campus attract students from across the U.S. and many other countries because:
- Forty-five undergraduate majors: span the spectrum, from dietetics and biology to social work, education and fashion merchandising.
- Evening, online and blended formats: Most of these programs offered by the university are in evening, online and blended formats specifically designed for busy adults.
- Association with the College of Education and Communication Sciences and Disorders: It offers prominent undergraduate and graduate programs in speech-language pathology, deaf education, education and special education. The university also features several other graduate programs such as theatre, fine arts and instructional design and technology.
- Experienced and focused faculty: Faculty members are quite focused and are committed to reach each and every student. Professors devote their time to creating and delivering a curriculum that best serves their students.
- Outside the classroom learning opportunity: It includes internship, practicum or student teaching and is incorporated into most academic programs, helping graduates move successfully into their chosen careers.
- Chance to experience global community: Students get a chance to experience the global community and get involved in local community projects, as well as annual service trips to other states and countries.
- Accreditation: In 2010 the university received 10 year accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, an organization that accredits over 1,000 institutions of higher learning in 19 states. Accreditation is a voluntary process and the Fontbonne University participates in this process to ensure that its programs fulfill its mission: to educate students to think critically, to act ethically and to assume responsibility as citizens and leaders.