Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
School District 22 (Vernon)
‘A Great Place to learn’ located in the Okanagan Valley of south central British Columbia, School District No. 22 (Vernon) is successfully serving the communities of Vernon, Lumby, Coldstream, Lavington, and Cherryville. The district is very well acknowledged for its dynamic public education system and excellent educational services offered to approximately 7,853 students. The motto, ‘A Great Place to Learn’ of School District No. 22 personifies the wonderfully rich opportunities that the district’s geographical location offers to its students and staff.
Why School District 22 (Vernon)
The reasons for selecting School District No. 22 may include:
Huge number of students enrolled:
There are 7,853 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 12, and 206 international students.
The district has $81.9 million annual operating budget. Also the preschool programs within the district are ministry funded.
There is an academic focus on literacy and numeracy.
The district offers provincially recognized safe school programs and initiatives.
Comprehensive K-12 program:
The district is recognized for offering a comprehensive K-12 education program like provincially and locally developed education programs and services in the Humanities, Mathematics/Sciences, Physical Education, Fine Arts and Applied Skills.
The District is very well recognized for locally developed, interdisciplinary program designed to challenge students interested in current global issues, students considering a career in international and/or community affairs.