Study in UK
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in U.K
- Education System in UK
- UK General Application Process
- UK Financial Information
- UK Scholarship Information
- UK Student Visa Guidance
- UK Frequently Asked Questions
- UK Career Workrights info.
- UK Awards and Certificates
- Study in London
- Study in Birmingham
- Study in England
- Study in Manchester
- Study in Glasgow
A pioneer institute born out of the Scottish enlightenment in 1821 is now shaping the world by serving its role as a transnational education provider. Heriot-Watt University follows the founding principles of tailoring the curriculum to the needs of modern society, as a powerful driver of the economy wherever the staff is situated in the world. In all of the associated communities, a distinct university experience is proffered.
Why Heriot-Watt University
- The university is presently having five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Dubai, Malaysia, Orkney, Scottish Borders, and Orkney, along with 53 Approved Learning Partners (ALPs) and educational collaborative partners across 150 countries.
- The university has around 29,000 students studying within all the university campuses including online through distance learning (year-end 2017).
- About one-third of the students studying on-campus in Scotland are from outside the UK, making Heriot-Watt the most internationally diversified of any UK university
- The Watt Club is the oldest graduate club in the United Kingdom with over 130,000 alumni worldwide across 190 countries.
- University graduates are highly sought by the best organizations worldwide.
- Hariot-Watt University is ranked 9th in the UK, and 1st in Scotland for research impact.
- Over 80% of the university academic staff is currently engaged in research at internationally recognized levels.
- Around 95% of graduates are employed or further enrolled in the study within the six months of graduation.