Study in USA
About New Paltz
Presenting the students with a creative, diverse, challenging and supportive environment, the State University of New York at New Paltz is nationally recognized and very affordable university. The university is located in New Paltz which is a vivacious, historic village in New York State's Hudson Valley region. The location is very accessible for outdoor recreation and also there is a broad range of restaurants, historic sites, and shopping sites. The degrees received at the university are highly selective and the education provided is full of varying experiences. The students are encouraged to take risks that are intellectual and they find their passion so that they can begin with their career path.
Why New Paltz
Faculty: the university has a very efficient and recognized faculty. A number of research honors have been given to the faculty like Fulbright, Guggenheim, National Science Foundation and National Endowment for the Arts fellowships. In addition to this, the faculty has been awarded with SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Teaching and SUNY distinguished Faculty.
- Accolades and Accreditations: SUNY New Paltz has been ranked as
- One of the nation’s “Best Value” colleges and universities by the Princeton Review
- Included among the top 75 public 4 year institutions f higher education in the US.
- Top 100 best values in the nation by the Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- 4th among best public universities in the North with both bachelor’s and master’s degree programs by U.S. News & World Report.
The College is fully accredited by:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
Student faculty ratio: along with small class sizes the university has a very small student faculty ratio of 15:1.
New Paltz has 105 undergraduate and 50 graduate degree programs. The college has 6 academic schools:
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- School of Business (AACSB accredited)
- School of Education (NCATE accredited)
- School of Fine and Performing Arts
- School of Science & Engineering
- The Graduate School of New Paltz
NCAA Division III athletics and nationally renowned fine and performing arts programs along with over 200 student clubs and organizations.