Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
- SDS Colleges in Canada
Top Universities and Colleges
Study in Canada
In the recent times, Students have become more inquisitive and keen to study in Canada as the education system is more practice oriented and research based rather than theoretical and project-based system and the former leading to development and growth of overseas education. Another reason behind the increasing popularity of overseas education is the fact that employers across industries prefer hiring candidates with international qualifications from top institutes across the globe.
Canada has witnessed a tremendous growth in the number of international education aspirants over the years and this is increasing every year. According to a UN Survey, Canada has been rated as one of the most preferred countries in the world to live consecutively for nine years. It is known for its peaceful, friendly, secured and compassionate environment. The country believes in equivalence, diversity, admiration and tolerance for all individuals just as mentioned in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Multiculturalism Act.
Canada is one of the best international education destinations and is also recognized as one with the safest study environment offering high quality of life and education. The reasons for Canada, being the most preferred study destination by international students are:-
Benefits of Studying in Canada
Studying in Canada is a lifetime opportunity as the country’s educational institutes maintain high standards of academic excellence and are continuously acknowledged among the top international rankings. The parameters that make Canada the most preferred education destination may include:
The educational institute in Canada offers a wide variety of programs to international students to choose from. Students from across the globe come to Canada for higher education prospects and Canadian universities offer more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as professional degree programs and certificate courses. Students can also choose to pursue various programs like degrees, diplomas, certificate programs, short courses, and so on across industries including; telecommunications, agriculture, computer technology, medicine, business studies, and environmental science agriculture, fisheries, paramedical technology and so on.
Comparing the fee structure of the institutes across industries in prime international education destinations indicates that Canada is the most affordable of all including; US, UK, New Zealand, Australia and so on.
Scholarship or Financial Assistance in Study in Canada
Acknowledging the passion among the Indian students to excel, the Canadian universities and colleges enthusiastically welcome and admit Indian students to their academic programs. Also, Canadian Government admits that international students bring fresh innovative ideas to Canada, thus, contributing a great deal to the wide range of disciplines and the industry with the knowledge and understanding that they carry with themselves while moving to Canada. Canadian Government also offers various scholarship and financial assistance schemes to the most deserving international students.
Better Future Career Prospects in Canada
On successful completion of the studies in Canada the students will get the chance to enhance their career prospects as they will become the preferred choice of the employers across industries. Moreover, possessing an international exposure will prepare them for a rewarding career ahead. Also, it will enhance their chances to settle down in the country permanently, after gaining an experience of one year.
Top Colleges in Canada
- Alexander College
- Algonquin College
- Arbutus College
- Assiniboine Community College
- Academy of Aeronautics
- Acsenda School of Management
- BCIT College
- Bow Valley College
- Brescia University College
- Camosun College
- Cambrian College
- Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy
- Canadian Independent College
- cegep gaspe
- Centennial College
- Centre for Arts and Technology
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Comox Valley School
- Confederation College
- Dwight School
- Eton College
- Fanshawe College
- Fraser International College
- George Brown college
- Georgian College
- Golden Hills International
- Hanson International Academy
- Humber College
- Inlingua Vancouver
- International College of Manitoba
- Kings University College
- Lakeland College
- LaSalle College
- Le Cordon bleu
- Malaspina High School
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
- Medicine Hat College
- Marine Institute
- MTI Community College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- New Brunswick Community College
- New York Institute of Technology
- Niagara College
- Norquest College
- North Island College
- Northern College
- Northern College at Pures-Toronto
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- PACE Canada College
- Pacific Coast Community College
- Parkland College
- Red River College
- Sault College
- School District 22 (Vernon)
- Selkirk College
- Seneca College
- Sprott Shaw College
- St. Clair College
- St. Clair College Ace Acumen Academy
- Alpha International Academy
- St. Lawrence College
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Film School
Top Universities in Canada
- Acadia University
- Brock University
- Cape Breton University
- Capilano University
- Carleton University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Dalhousie University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Fisheries and Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Lakehead University
- MacEwan University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Mount Allison University
- Royal Roads University
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- University of Winnipeg
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trent University
- University of New Brunswick
- University Canada West
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Manitoba
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
Frequently Asked Questions for Study in Canada
1. Are IELTS or CELPIP required in order to submit a study permit application?
IELTS or any proof of language proficiency is mostly required for gaining admission in the college and not for gaining study permit unless you have applied through the Student Partner Program. Hence, you have to make it very clear about the admission requirements needed by the institution you have applied for.
2. What is the procedure to study in Canada?
The procedure to study in Canada is not that difficult. It just requires a systematic approach and your patience. The Canam Consultants complete all the formalities including applying for a visa. We support and assist you in every process and step required in applying for a course or university abroad. A study permit is usually issued for the duration of the person’s studies.
3. How much does it cost to study in Canada?
Every university and college has its own fee structure. There is no such common or exact cost that can be told. For detailed information about the education cost for study in Canada, fee structure, contact the Canam Consultants as the counselors will give you the exact information and help you make the plan according to your budget.
4. Do I need to show proof of funds when applying for a study permit to Canada?
Yes. In fact, not only for Canada but for every country, while applying for a study permit. You must give the proof of your financials to ensure the financial stability of you and your family to cover your tuition fee, and living expenses, during your stay in Canada. Every state in Canada has different financial requirements according to the colleges and universities situated there. Meet the Expert Student Visa Advisors at Canam Consultants to know the requirements of the Canadian colleges and institutes that best suits your requirements and budget.
5. Are scholarships available to international students in Canada?
Most universities and colleges in Canada provide scholarships to international students according to their set standards and requirements. There are a lot of schemes and awards offered by the Canadian educational institutions that help the students to overcome almost all their study expenses. Canam experts will assist you and provide you with more information about the different scholarships offered by universities and colleges in Canada.
6. Is a study permit required for shorter courses?
The student requires a study permit if his course of study is more than six months, else he does not require a study permit. But it is advisable to apply for a study permit even for shorter courses as you can continue in Canada itself, for long term courses. After completion of your short term course, you have to leave the country and apply for study permit through an external Canada visa office.
7. Is medical examination of the student required, while applying for a Canadian Study permit?
Yes, The medical examination of the student is compulsory while applying for study permit to Canada to pursue a program exceeding 6 months. The medical examination may include; blood tests, urine tests, chest x-rays and a routine medical screening by the Doctor.
8. Are police clearance certificates required for a study permit application for Canada?
A police clearance certificate is one of the important requirements to attain a study permit for Canada. It is a proof that shows a student is all clean and does not have any criminal record. It ensures the visa officers that the student is not a risky asset to their country.
9. If a student changes institution, is a new study permit required?
If a student is changing from one Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to another, despite being on the same level of study, he must notify the IRCC by updating his account online, ensuring that the institution is a DLI. If the transfer is to Quebec then a student needs to apply for a Certificate of Acceptance to Quebec (CAQ) and a new study permit, if required.
10. Is it possible to submit an application without all the required documents and update the application later?
The study visa application should be completed accurately when submitted. The visa officer will take the decision based upon the documents submitted and an incomplete submission could lead to negative consequences, it could get rejected.
11. How long are medical examinations valid for study in Canada?
Medical examinations are usually valid for about one year from the date when it’s taken. The applicant has to undergo the medical again if the visa has not been issued within one year.