Toll Free No 1800 200 5499
facebook youtube googleplus instagram twitter
eexploreplore programs across the world

Leave this empty:


Latest News

MITT Update on the Manitoba Tuition Rebate and MPNP - April 2017

As part of its new budget, the Province of Manitoba has discontinued the Manitoba Tuition Tax Rebate. These resources now support the Manitoba Bursary program which will provide domestic students who have financial needs with tuition support while they study, instead of after graduation.

We recognize that this was a recruitment tool you previously used to promote Manitoba schools to prospective international students and therefore wanted you to be aware of the change.

The Province of Manitoba also recently announced improvements to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), including higher service standards, which have resulted in reduced processing times. The Province has set a goal for application processing of less than six months. Other improvements to the program include:

  • Greater online resources and increased information sharing;
  • New pathways, supported by partnerships with post-secondary institutions, to encourage those interested to pursue in-demand careers and settlement in Manitoba;
  • An end to point subtraction for close relatives in a different province or territory as a risk factor.

MITT continues to be student focused and attuned to the unique needs of our international student population. We have expanded our student settlement support services, and improved events such as orientation week to include workshops for international students to help them settle into school and into the Winnipeg community.

Our goal is to make all MITT students job-ready by providing them technical and essential employability skills, as well as co-op and practicum placements in as many programs as possible that help them build their on-the-job experience and develop a professional network. The importance of international students to Manitoba, as well as the employment opportunities that exist for them within the province is solid. The Manitoba labour market forecast projects approximately 170,000 job openings in Manitoba between now and 2022, with at least 25 per cent of projected job-openings expected to be filled by immigrants.

We look forward to continuing working with you to make Manitoba home for international students.

Manitoba Tuition Fee Tax Rebate - Cancelled

Manitoba Tuition Fee Tax Rebate stands cancelled and is mentioned in a provincial budget release last week. Under Tuition Tax Rebate, the Manitoba province used to provide up to 60% or $25,000 CDN rebate on post-secondary tuition fees for those who used to work and file income tax in that province. It is being phased out over the next two years. Mark Peters, the Marketing Director at International College of Manitoba (ICM), informs that now, no current or future ICM students will be eligible to claim this tax rebate. Other provincial programs such as free basic healthcare and Provincial Nominee Program for faster immigration are untouched and currently remain the same great selling features as always. However, Manitoba is still one of the most affordable places in the world to live and study.

Immigration Regulator Launches Multilingual Fraud Awareness Campaign

2017 Fraud Prevention Month Campaign Targets Audiences in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia

The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is launching a worldwide multilingual campaign to encourage the public to take extra measures to ensure that individuals offering immigration and citizenship assistance are authorized. March is Fraud Prevention Month in Canada, and 2017 marks ICCRC's fourth consecutive annual campaign.

"Our 2017 theme is 'Not Licensed? Not Legal!' and this year we are truly going global," said Lawrence Barker, Acting President and CEO of ICCRC. "In addition to reaching out to our audiences across Canada, our messages will be viewed by millions in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Punjabi and Mandarin throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia."

ICCRC is the national regulatory body that governs Canadian Immigration and citizenship consultants as well as international student advisors. A member of Canada's Fraud Prevention Forum, the Council joins the federal Competition Bureau and hundreds of businesses and organizations to warn consumers of fraud. ICCRC recommends that people who seek immigration or citizenship advice visit the "Find an immigration Professional" page on its website ( to determine whether an immigration consultant is a lawful practitioner. Anyone not authorized should be reported to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060.

Federal law requires anyone providing Canadian Immigration or citizenship advice for a fee or other consideration must be a member in good standing of a provisional or territorial law society (a lawyer or an authorized paralegal in Ontario), the Chambre des notaries du Quebec, or ICCRC. Anyone providing any immigration or citizenship services, who are not a member of one of these organizations, is acting in contravention of the law and should be reported. Punishment can include a fine of up to $100,000 and/or imprisonment up to two years.

ICCRC's daily Fraud Prevention Month campaign messages can be followed on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedln and a

Lakehead University's Faculty of Business attains CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada) accreditation.

Here is good news for prospective students who wish study chartered professional accountant (CPA) in Canada, as Lakehead University's Faculty of Business has recently acquired CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada) accreditation. Lakehead University celebrated the accomplishment on Tuesday, Feb. 28 from 6:30 to 10 pm in the Faculty Lounge. The celebration included the launch of a local chapter of the Chartered Professional Accountants Association. A welcome address was delivered by Richard Piticco, Vice-President, Student Services at CPA Ontario. The event also included a brief panel discussion titled Transitioning Students to the Workplace Challenges, followed by a Q & A session. The panel included local professional accountants. The event was attended by local professional accountants, Business Faculty members, and Lakehead University students who are interested in or pursuing an accounting major.

Lakehead's Faculty of Business Administration was accredited by Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario in June 2016. In addition to the prestigious AACSB accreditation that the Faculty earned in 2015, CPA accreditation is a testament to the quality of business and accounting education at Lakehead University.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and its growing importance

Studying in Canada? Make sure you have the right travel documents

Planning to travel outside Canada and return by air? Make sure you have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), otherwise you may get stuck at the airport.

Important information from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for international, visiting or exchange students from visa-exempt countries (other than the U.S.). Please read this notice carefully.

What is an eTA and why do I need it?

An eTA is an entry requirement for citizens from countries, other than the U.S., that do not need a visa to come to Canada. It is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires.

Do I need an eTA if I already have a study permit?

Yes! A study permit is not a travel document. However, beginning August 1, 2015, an eTA is automatically issued to you with your study permit. You will need to apply for an eTA separately only if:

  • your permit was issued before August 1, 2015;
  • you renewed or plan to renew your study permit and do not have a valid eTA
  • you got a new passport since you received your permit.

How do I apply for an eTA?

Applying for an eTA is a simple, inexpensive ($7 CAD) online process that takes just minutes to complete.

All you need to apply is a valid passport, a credit or a debit card, and an email address.

For more information or to apply, visit

Note: * Students from visa-exempt countries coming to Canada for a short-term study program (less than 6 months) do not need a study permit, but will need to apply for an eTA to be able to board a flight to Canada.

Amended Regulations by Canada - You can work off Campus from Day One!

Under the new regulations, all international students with a Canadian study permit will now be automatically authorised "to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks without the need to apply for a separate work permit." Co-op placements will be similarly affected under the revised regulations. Whereas any international student could have applied for a co-op work permit previously if a co-op placement was an integral aspect of their programme of study, the new regulations stipulate "only international students who are pursuing studies at a secondary school or at a designated institution may apply for a co-op work permit."

Amended Regulations by Canada - EQA IN BC

Canada has just published revised regulations for its International Student Program (ISP), effectively concluding a process of consultation and regulatory reform that had unfolded over the past year. The new regulations will come into force in June 2014. The major change under the amended regulations is that only students enrolled at designated institutions in Canada will now be able to apply for a study permit (that is, an international student visa). Importantly, each province or territory in Canada will now be responsible for designating which institutions are eligible to receive international students. So far only British Columbia, Canada's westernmost province and a leading destination in the country for international students, has formally announced its intentions with respect to the designation process with a Education Quality Assurance EQA designation for colleges to accept International students.

Say no to fraudulent documents

Numerous cases are reported every year with visa refusals based on non genuine documents like fake educational documents, IELTS scores, fraudulent financial papers, and/or experience letters. Please do not be gullible and get yourself entangled with agents who promise all this. The Canadian High Commission makes a thorough check on all documents and the likelihood of fraud documents getting through are highly unlikely . If caught with fraud documents, a student risks the chance of not only visa refusal but a BAN for visa application for a specific period of time. Always use genuine documents.

1 Year of study + 1 year of study = 3 years work permit

As per -OB 194 of CIC , dated November 18, 2010. Students who study a valid program of 1 year followed by another 1 year valid PG program will qualify for a 3 year work permit . This policy now allows many students to gain high value Canadian education by studying 2 separate 1 year PG programs to gain a 3 year work permit . Many students are often misguided to study 2 year UG programs to get a 3 year work permit. You don't have to do that anymore . For more info visit

Quick Query

Leave this empty: