Toll Free No 1800 137 8055
WhatsApp your Name, Email, City and Query

89683 00000

facebook youtube googleplus instagram twitter
eexploreplore programs across the world

Leave this empty:


Study New Zealand Frequently Asked Questions

1.    What will my living expenses be while studying in New Zealand?
On an average, an international student spends roughly about NZ$800 – 1000 per month on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport & other miscellaneous costs. However, it is significant to consider that an individual’s cost may vary as per their respective location, course & lifestyle.

2.    Is it possible to work while studying?
All international students are allowed to work part-time upto 20 hours per week and full-time during summer holidays. NZ follows the minimum wage system; thus, making the current minimum wage for an employeeNZ$12 per hour.

3.    Is it possible for my spouse to accompany me during my studies in NZ?
Spouse/ common-law partners of students going for a PG course or a long-term course can get a full-time work permit. Spouse of students going for an undergraduate coursecan accompany their partner on a visitor visa.

4.    How are Universities and Polytechnics and Institutes of Technology different from each other?
The main difference between the universities and the polytechnics was thatthe Universities focussed on academic programmes primarily and the Polytechnics focussed on practical training. In recent years both of these institutions have lengthened their variety of programmes and now there is a noteworthysimilarity between Universities and Polytechnics. Over recent years the programmes offered at the Polytechnics has expanded to include a wide range and number of degree programmes. A considerable number of Polytechnics have also combined together and have transformed their names from Polytechnics to Institutes of Technology to redirect their focus. Cross-credits for courses finished at the Polytechnicsare also credited to on-going University education in most instances.

5.    What options do I have after completing my studies in NZ?
Students who finish their courses of Level 5 or higher level are entitled to 1-year job search visa where they can work full time & look for a relevant job in their area of study. Once a student gets a full-time job offer in theirsignificant area of study they can apply for a PR or Work Permit depending on their respective eligibility.

Quick Query New Zealand

Leave this empty: