Study in Canada
- Universities/ Colleges
- Why Study in Canada
- Education in Canada
- Canada Financial Information
- Canada Scholarship Information
- Canada Student Visa Guidance
- Canada Awards and Certificates
- Canada Job Search Tool
- British Columbia Universities & Colleges
- Saskatchewan Universities & Colleges
- Manitoba Universities & Colleges
- Toronto Universities & Colleges
- Quebec Universities & Colleges
- New Brunswick Universities & Colleges
- Newfoundland Universities & Colleges
- Nova Scotia Universities & Colleges
- Prince Edward Island Universities & Colleges
- Yukon Territory Universities & Colleges
- Alberta Universities & Colleges
- Ontario Universities & Colleges
- MBA in Canada
- Masters in Canada
- Higher Education in Canada
- Canada Student Visa Requirements
- SDS Canada
- SDS Colleges in Canada
- Be Prepare COVID-19
- Study in Canada without IELTS
About St. Thomas University (STU), Canada
Established in 1910, St. Thomas University is a government-funded university. It dates back to the foundation of St. Thomas College, which secured a high school and junior college status till 1934. Though, in March 1934, the provincial legislature conferred this college the degree-awarding authority and university status. This college was then renamed St. Thomas University in the year 1960. The university's campus has six academic buildings equipped with student-friendly amenities and welcomes around 500 students as residents.
Why St. Thomas University (STU), Canada
- The average class size is only 26 students, and upper-year classes are even smaller. Classes are discussion and debate based, and professors can get to understand their students and administer personal attention.
- Around 99% of the full-time faculty of the university has their Ph.D. or highest degrees in their respective fields.
- Almost 91% of first-year students rate their experience as excellent or good. The emphasis on teaching, academic challenge, and developing new thinking skills are ranked amongst the highest in Canada.
- The university dedicates around $1.8 million to student financial aid every year. With more than 40 different kinds of scholarships and subsidies open, there are many ways to help balance tuition costs. Our Student Services Department offers resources for academic support, career planning, stress management. Also, students team up with people to help get through their time at university.