Study in Singapore
Why study in Singapore?
- Singapore has gained international recognition as a destination for quality education. According to a recently-released report by Universitas 21 called "U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems," Singapore emerges as the top 11th country worldwide and first in Asia for its provision of quality higher education.
- Quality Assurance in Singapore Education System: In Singapore Education System, the transforming polytechnics in Singapore have partnered with renowned overseas institutions through which they can enhance professionalism and competitiveness of the institutions and universities while balancing the accountability with improvement. It has separate self" assessment QA system for publicly funded universities and National QA Agency for private educational institutes.
- Diversity of educational options to suit students' preference. Presence of World-Class universities in Singapore broadens the horizon for an international student to get high quality of teaching and exposure. Private schools offer external degree programs through partnerships with overseas universities from countries such as the US,UK and Australia, in Singapore.
- International students enrolled in Singapore's public universities and polytechnics as well as foreign institutes of higher learning are allowed to work part-time upto 16 hours per week during school term.
- The universities and educational institutes of Singapore have affordable tuition fees . The cost of living is comparatively less than of many developed countries. Singapore recognizes the excellence of talented students and awarded them with scholarships, bursaries and study loan on merit basis. Singapore offers qualifications of high standard in a friendly and encouraging environment which is very well recognized globally.
- Singapore prides itself in creating one of the safest cities in the world. In fact, it is so safe that the Singapore Police Force has to remind Singaporeans that "Low Crime Does Not Mean No Crime".
- The Singapore government has taken pains to ensure that foreign students studying here would be protected too, through Student Protection Scheme. The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students' fees in the event that a PEI (Private Education Institutions ) is unable to continue operating due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure. The FPS also protects students if the PEI fails to pay penalties or return fees to the students arising from judgment made against it by the Singapore courts.
- Voluntary EduTrust certification scheme is one of the prerequisites which private education institutions that enroll international students must meet to quality for the issue of Student Passes, as stipulated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Quick Query Singapore