Canada continues to be dream destination for a large number of students across the world. However, to get there, a student must first apply for a Canadian Student Visa facilitated by Visa Application Centers. At Canam, we are focused on our customer-centric philosophy. By providing them world-class customer service, we help our clients to achieve their goals and step forward towards success.
What Documents are required for Canadian Visa?
Student should apply for visa after getting the college acceptance letter. The visa process should start around June if aiming at the September intake. Following are the documents needed to apply.
- Passport Validity – A Valid Passport is paramount when it comes to applying for study visa to Canada. Covering the date of the intended stay in Canada, the passport shall be expiring after the date of the program completion. Like, if the student has planned the study permit to Canada in September 2017 for a two-year course, the passport should be valid until at least September 2018.
- Proof of Acceptance – The student will require an acceptance letter from the university/institute planning to attend. A Designated Learning Institute is the University which is recognized by the Immigration Department.
- Evidence of Funds – According to the current standards, the student needs to prove that he/she would have enough funds to pay out the tuition fees as well as take care of living expenses. The Canadian Immigration deems a student would require at least Canadian $10,000 for every year of the stay.
- Passport Size Photographs – For offline Canada Student Visa application, two passport-sized photographs matching to the specified standards are required. For online application, a digital copy of the photograph with a 4 MB file size is needed. Neutral facial expression, plain background and no headgear (unless for religious purposes) are standard. The image size should be at least 35 mm x 45 mm and should not older than 6 months.
- Undertake medicals – After submitting the application for admission, the student will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the Doctors approved by the Canadian Government.
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score – It is vital to appear for language proficiency exam and score at least 6.0 bands at the minimum.
- Statement of Purpose – Stating the purpose of the trip to Canada and why the student has chosen the particular institution, student would be required to submit an essay.
- Credit Card – In case the student is making an online application, there is a need of a credit card to pay the application fee.
At Canam, we help students organize everything from Student Counseling, documentation for student visa, assistance for study in Canada, study permit to Canada, guidance for reapplication of student visas or visas documentations to begin the new student life in Canada and make studying overseas easier! Call our toll free number 1800 137 8055 or walk in into Canam offices for direct help!